Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 22, 2002  10:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MED: Aspirin

In a message dated 9/20/02 11:02:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
gwyee@r... writes:

> . Additionally, both you and
> your father may want to consider undergoing a "methionine tolerance test"
> in
> which you take a "Big Macs'" worth of methionine orally, and have your
> homocystine level checked an hour later.
>
> GWendel, dT (MD, PhD, etc)

Thank you Dr. GWendel!

My father is a retired anesthesiologist and I have a BSN, (and teach music so
what good is that.....) and we have never heard of this test , but it
certainly makes sense, especially since he had absolutely no risk factors for
stroke that we were aware of.

We will check this out soon, and I will hold off on the ASA.

Thanks again,
Leslie

emusic.com