Vocalist.org archive

From:  "kerubiino" <kerubiino@h...>
Date:  Sun Sep 22, 2002  10:04 pm
Subject:  Re: Alexander Technique

First of all, I want to say that I agree with Mike's response that no
physical discipline can make up for faulty technique.

However, I don't think this is what was asked. I have taken some
Alexander Technique lessons and have found them very useful. It is
not only useful for singing but your overall health and posture too.
The problem, for me, is the cost. The best results come from taking
private lessons in Alexander and for those of us who also pay for
voice lessons this can be too much to bear on a regular basis.

I am in very good health and these days concentrate on Pilates and
yoga as my exercise(s) of choice. Helps my breathing, peace of mind
and is more affordable. If I were rich, I would do Alexander too.

emusic.com