Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <naomi@n...>
Date:  Sat Sep 21, 2002  3:34 pm
Subject:  re: Alexander Technique

Tina wrote:

>I would love to hear experiences with Alexander Technique training, both
>positive and negative. Thanks

I have been studying (off and on) Alexander Technique for the past 6 years,
in conjunction with voice. My present voice teacher incorporates the
Alexander directions into her teaching. It has been, for me, a very
valuable focus. My habitual tendency is to be rather intense and type-A,
and this often manifested in my singing as extra tension which interfered
with the health and beauty of the sound. With my exploration of the body
work, my singing has gotten much more relaxed and easy. I think it sounds
better too.

emusic.com