Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <naomi@n...>
Date:  Sat Sep 21, 2002  3:29 pm
Subject:  re: repertoire list

I would say that consistency is the key, in terms of presenting a
repertoire list. Categories such as German song, French song, English
song, American song, Opera aria, Oratorio aria, Chamber music, A cappella
solo work, etc. are useful. Within those categories, organize
alphabetically by composer.

As for the mezzo vs. soprano question -- I would suggest that if you choose
to list the repertoire in your former voice category, list it with an
asterisk and a note explaining that during such-and-such years you explored
the mezzo repertoire and are now confident that you belong in the soprano
category. It seems to me that it's best to acknowledge the repertoire and
to make it explicit that you know what you are now.

Best wishes!
Naomi

emusic.com