Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  5:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Allergy Season Questions

>From: "didigirl12000" <didigirl1@j...>
>>After reading all these posts on steroids and weight gain/loss and
>how they affect the voice I am wondering this...
>
>Does taking Flonase or Nasonex cause weight gain like taking a
>steroid like prednisone?

I've been taking Flonase and NO, I haven't had any weight gain. Quite the
opposite, actually.

(Please note: During this time, I've been bicycling more and eating ice
cream less.)

My doctor suggested Flonase as it is a nose spray, rather than a pill.
Consequently, it goes straight to the areas involved in my pollen allergy
without having to go anywhere else first.

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

We all live in a place called "23 skiddoo." --John Prine