Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Cheshire" <vocalist@c...>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  2:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] any info?

I do understand Lloyd's point that students should learn to do their
own research. However, when it comes to internet research, I do
believe that people can be faced with information overload.

When searching for websites on AltaVista ( www.alta-vista.com ), you
should use quotation marks in your searches.

For example - a search for
aaron copeland
returns 15920 results, whereas a search for;
"aaron copeland"
returns 2140 results.

In the first example, AltaVista is returning pages that contain either
'aaron'
or 'copeland', or both. In the second example, it returns only those
pages
with 'aaron copeland" in them.

Some Copeland web pages;
http://ok.essortment.com/aaroncoplandco_ryrc.htm
http://www.k12.de.us/lfsouth/staff/relatedarts/music/Copeland.html
http://www.mmhschool.com/teach/music/sharethemusic/teachres/teachingideas/
composers/coplanda/

Schuman;
http://www.schirmer.com/composers/schuman_bio.html
http://www.presser.com/composers/schuman.html

The above web pages are just a small selection from the wealth of
information that is out there. Try your own searches and you will
certainly not be short of information.

Regards,
John

> Also any research materials (websites, books, etc.)
> containing any info about these two composers would be
> great. Thanks so much! Looking forward to some
> replies :)
> Jodie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20232 Re: any info?Jodie Bean bean2871_2000 Thu  9/19/2002
20234 Re: any info?Lloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Thu  9/19/2002
20236 Re: any info?thomas mark montgomery sailorbudd Thu  9/19/2002
20237 Re: any info?John Cheshire conn1922 Thu  9/19/2002

emusic.com