Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Wed Sep 18, 2002  10:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] any info?

Jodie and Vocalisters:

Every time a question of this kind appears on Vocalist and it is from
a student working out an assignment I have the following thoughts:

A course that requires research usually provides some kind of guide
to help the student learn how to DO that kind of research. Asking
others for answers to research work denies the student the
opportunity to learn how such research is done. All the student
obtains are answers but no knowledge or understanding of the process
which could and would be used for future research. Asking for help
is not incorrect but asking for answers is, at best,
counterproductive and no longer places the student in an optimum
learning situation.

In this particular instance, I would suggest that Jodie and her
classmates request of their teacher some form of guides that would
lead them in the direction of learning their way around the college
library so they may discover how to do research of this kind. I am
reasonably sure that their teacher has already provided them with
this kind of research guide information.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson

emusic.com