Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Tue Sep 17, 2002  1:33 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist]Non vibrato?

Oh dear...I fear we're in for another round of.."What do you understand as
support?"

Just as I'd like to hear how you would suggest teaching a choral singer to
arrive at
the beat, having already transitioned the consonant, I suspect this poor
wobbly lady
will be led up a blind alley by various well intentioned people suggesting
how she
might properly support the wobble OUT of her voice.

Not to be last in the queue to suggest a.. "how", may I offer as my home
spun method,
that she blow into a small plastic tube of about 10mm...sorry about the
Metric... and
feel what it does to her abdomen and the waist line extending around the
back.
If this gives her some sensation that she can apply when attempting to
vocalise,
then perhaps she may have banished her wobble.

Now, if you seriously disagree with me because you have a better "how",
then please
let the lady and me know. Hugs. Reg.

emusic.com