Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  10:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Non vibrato?

From: "Marie-Claire Silon" <musiclaire@h...>

>Maybe my question has no answer but I will try anyway: a nice lady over 60
>came to me and ask me if I can help her: she sings in a choir but her
>vibrato is so wide that it is impossible to keep going on in the choir. She
>asked me to help her to sing completely without vibrato.I intend to help
>her
>with breathing and support of course. >

It probably would be difficult to teach her to sing with NO vibrato
whatsoever. Does she want to do this because the choir director insists on
it?

Working on her breathing and support should help her get the vibrato under
control, at least.

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

We all live in a place called "23 skiddoo." --John Prine