Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 14, 2002  8:50 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] RE: losing weight (Dr. John)

I recall that on a recent Dr. visit my MD looked at my
throat and then asked me if I had trouble breathing
when I am sleeping. When I asked her why, she said
there "wasn't a lot of space back there" because of my
weight. I had other things on my mind and neglected
to ask for more information on this. I am wondering
if anyone (Doc?) can comment on this. Where was she
talking about? And, if this does have any truth to
it, would it mean that I would gain space by losing
weight? I would assume that would affect my
resonance.

Also, as a separate issue, wouldn't losing weight help
to relieve some muscle tension? For example, a person
who carries a lot of weight in the stomach would find
that by losing some weight their back muscles would
hold less tension since they weren't being stressed by
the extra weight. I would assume this would have a
positive affect on breathing.

Melinda
(Who, BTW, has lost a whopping 6 pounds recently, but
does have a ways to go - so think a positive thought
for me right.........NOW!)

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20146 Re: losing weight (Dr. John)- pharyngeal spaceJohn Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Mon  9/16/2002

emusic.com