Vocalist.org archive

From:  Clark_Diane <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Sep 12, 2002  4:58 pm
Subject:  A day to celebrate!

All right, let's hear it, all together now --

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR VOCALIST, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!

Yes, brethren and sistren, our precious VOCALIST is 8 years old today!

In celebration and observation of this momentous occasion, I'd like to thank a
number of folks:

Dr. John Messmer, for being our resident ENT and so generously sharing his
medical wisdom with us.

All you fellow voice teachers, who have shared your vast experience of singing
and teaching with me.

All you students who keep asking the questions that remind me what it is like to
be on the "new" side of the singing experience and that help me to be more
sympatheic and helpful to my own students.

Everyone who has helped me plan recitals and given me some new tool to explore.

And to Marko Hotti, who started it all! Marko, I hope you are prospering,
wherever you are!

My birthday wish is that we can get a new list name. I don't like our being
referred to as Vocalist-Temporary, since we've been at this location for several
years now. It would give us a more professional image if we could just be
VOCALIST (not temporary!). Can that be done?

Now I think I'll celebrate tonight by watching my VOCALIST videos and
remembering all our old friends, some of whom are no longer among us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!
---
Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Dept. of Music, Rhodes College
2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
http://www.rhodes.edu

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20111 Re: A day to celebrate!Domisosing@a...   Thu  9/12/2002
20118 Re: A day to celebrate!Lloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Fri  9/13/2002
20120 Where to buy this Pasatieri SongEdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Fri  9/13/2002
20131 Re: Where to buy this Pasatieri Songkapaulson@a...   Fri  9/13/2002
20133 Re: Where to buy this Pasatieri Songvze3cq36@v...   Fri  9/13/2002
20121 Re: A day to celebrate!PJ. Garner sciurusniger Fri  9/13/2002

emusic.com