Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Sep 12, 2002  1:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: NON-AMERICAN REALITY SHOCK: WAS: In Memoriam 9/11

> Mike:> probably because the attack was not directly on those killed but, on
> our country. as with any act of war, until the conflict is resolved, there
> is potential for more being killed for the same purpose. as for the
> international support, as W. said "you're either with us or, against us."<

I don't accept this argument. To say that the 9/11 attacks were attacks on
anything other than buildings, planes, and the people in them - i.e., to
say that they were attacks on America - is to grant a legitimacy to Al
Quaeda that it simply does not have. Al Quaeda is a loosely-organized
group of individual psychopaths. They are murderers, vandals, and
hijackers. As such, they are able to murder, vandalise, and hijack planes.
They are NOT able to attack nation-states, or to declare war. They are NOT
legitimate national entities, and as such, their acts were and will always
be the acts of groups of individual criminals, that can only target
individual victims - collective, admittedly, but still individual victims.

Karen Mercedes

emusic.com