Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 12, 2002  3:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: NON-AMERICAN REALITY SHOCK: WAS: In Memoriam 9/11

In a message dated 9/11/2002 10:23:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rossicaio@h... writes:

> As for the other countries, there's this stupid and unacceptable argument
> stating that those people, although not directly guilty, deserved, as
> "Americans", to pay for the thousands of deaths your State/Empire has
> caused
> around the world, including its financial support for Milosevic, The
> Taliban
> and Saddan Husein while that was considered politically advantageous.

as a firm believer in the sacrament of divorce, i don't hesitate to
point out that what seemed like a good idea once, may no longer be.

caio wrote:

"But I think the most important is to warn Mike that that "you're
either with
us or against us" has caused the US to lose all the little support worldwide
anti-Americanism (which is as stupid as that utterance) allowed it to have
right after the attack. It's always cited as a confirmation of how
self-centered you are. That was maybe the biggest of Bush's diplomatic faux
pas."

maybe not a churchill for the new millenium but, we all have self
interest at heart. if all the water buffaloes would turn and charge the
pride of lions, lions would soon be considered herbivores.

mike

emusic.com