Vocalist.org archive

From:  Morgan Godfrey <semplico_blu@y...>
Date:  Tue Sep 10, 2002  1:55 pm
Subject:  Duet Suggestions for Young Sop/Ten

Hello Group,
Just wanted to ask for some advise. I am a Junior
Voice major here at SFA. Resently they started an
Opera Workshop class. This year the class is mostly
freshmen who don't have their technique down yet,
except for me and a tenor who are on the same playing
field vocally. Needly to say I am very excited about
the class and working with this tenor, who has a
fabulous voice. The Director asked us if we had any
good ideas for what scene we could do together. While
I am young and have much to learn, I believe our
voices are best suited for Verdi or Puccini. We are
already in two Mozart scenes. He is in Die
Zauberfloter as Tamino in the first act and I am
Suzanna in the "Age before Beauty" scene. Anyway, I
thought that I would ask you all to get some different
ideas. I greatly appreciate it.
I would also like to say I very much enjoy reading the
daily rants and advise. This is truly a treasure trove
of information.
Morgan

20079 Re: Duet Suggestions for Young Sop/TenKaren Mercedes   Tue  9/10/2002

emusic.com