Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Denise Johnson" <dj1756@h...>
Date:  Wed May 31, 2000  3:29 pm
Subject:  Introduction

Hello List!
I was on the list a while back, mostly lurking. I had to take some time off
of singing due to larynx cancer, but after 2 months of radiation, an
additional 6 months of vocal rest and about 8 months to rebuild technique
and confidence I'm back. OK, so I'm still working on the technique and
confidence issues, but who isn't?

I have a BA and MA in music, but consider myself to be a serious amateur
rather than an aspiring professional. One thing my vocal problems taught me
is how much I truly love music. It's a joy to be able to sing, and I don't
think I'll take that for granted again.

It's good to be back and maybe this time I'll contribute rather than just
lurk.

Denise Johnson
dj1756@h...

2008 Re: Introduction Mezzoid@a...   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB
2015 Re: Introduction Denise Johnson   Wed  5/31/2000   5 KB
2022 Re: Introduction DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB
2027 Re: Introduction Jennifer Fretwell   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB
2039 Re: Introduction Ian Belsey   Thu  6/1/2000   2 KB
2042 Re: Introduction Axwell@a...   Thu  6/1/2000   3 KB
2054 Re: Introduction leskayc@a...   Thu  6/1/2000   2 KB
2065 Re: Introduction operagirl5@a...   Thu  6/1/2000   2 KB
2070 Re: Introduction Denise Johnson   Thu  6/1/2000   2 KB

emusic.com