Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Denise Johnson" <dj1756@h...>
Date:  Wed May 31, 2000  3:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Bach, Baroque and Countertenors - and castrati

Actually, Alessandro Moreschi was recorded around the turn of the century.
Granted, he was at the end of his career and recording technology was not
what it is now, but it does give some idea of the basic sound. I believe the
CD is available through Pearl.

Denise Johnson
dj1756@h...

>No, we have absolutely no idea what a castrato would
>have sounded like, but on a recent BBC discussion, it
>was suggested that it may have been something like
>Joan Sutherland! Now, that I would have liked to have
>heard!

2029 Thanks for words John Alexander Blyth   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB

emusic.com