Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cosi Fan Tutti" <palace@g...>
Date:  Mon Sep 9, 2002  2:54 am
Subject:  Vibratto

<Okay,

So here's another pet peeve of mine related to choral
singing.........vibrato, or the lack thereof.....

Feel much better now!
Mary Beth Felker>

Dear Mary,
Which is worse? Too much or too much "false" vibrato or none?
(If I had to choose I would personally prefer no vibrato above too much. There
is nothing worse than hearing a chorus where every vocalist's vebrato comes out
unevenly, especially if someone is off tempo, it is easy to hear that in music)

<<Good technique is the result of building good habits,
which are, essentially the fruit of 'muscle memory',
but I don't believe an entire piece of music becomes a
habit itself. Does this make sense to anyone else?

=====
April Salerno
B.M. in Vocal Performance
Baldwin-Wallace College
Class of 2002>>

What you are saying April makes more sense to me than one carrying muscle memory
as to how one was singing the song.

Julie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20059 Re: VibrattoDomisosing@a...   Mon  9/9/2002