Vocalist.org archive

From:  "omtara" <omtara@h...>
Date:  Sun Sep 8, 2002  11:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Muscle Memory"

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...> wrote:
> RAndy:>
> I don't think the muscles themselves have a memory. To contract
they need
> be enervated, what has the memory is the cns acting in repetitive
patterns
> which causes the same muscular activity to take place over and
over again.<
> According to what I can recall from my college classes, even the
> "arc-reflex" (is that the term in English?), although not
requiring the
> involvement of the brain, still needs neurons connected to the
spinal cord
> to take place. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be muscles with "a
memory of
> their own" whatsoever.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to give a science lesson. Of course the
muscles don't literally have a memory. I was trying to point to
something real using imprecise language. I thought a bunch of
singers would be likely to understand what I was referring to. I
find it aggravating that the actual point of my post is completely
ignored but the technical/semantic error is picked apart. Bravo,
you're educated about neurological bases of motor function. Can we
talk about what I was actually referring to? Thanks.

Karena

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20043 Re: "Muscle Memory"Reg Boyle bandbau Sun  9/8/2002

emusic.com