Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sun Sep 8, 2002  9:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Summer Ramblings

That's one of my favourites as well. One of our conductors
often asks for a clear vibratoless tone. As I drive her home
I suggest that she is expecting a bit much from singers
who may in fact have a wobble derived from age or lack
of support. Still if she were to request more support from
some of the singers the result could be messy.

I point out to her that is can be difficult enough for serious
student singers to meet this specification let alone those
who roll up week after week without much of an idea of
what exercises they could do to help their performance.
RJB

>Okay,
>
>So here's another pet peeve of mine related to choral
>singing.........vibrato, or the lack thereof.....
>
>Feel much better now!
>Mary Beth Felker

emusic.com