Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cosi Fan Tutti" <palace@g...>
Date:  Sun Sep 8, 2002  12:05 am
Subject:  Mozart: Cherubino

Dear Michelle,
I appreciate your advice however singing the aria of a page in love with women
is only going to get me in trouble at my school, plus it would be embarassing to
play a pre-pubescent boy.
In the case of :
>>MOZART: Voi Che Sapete
Non so Piu (A little more challenging)

Um, I did talk with my instructor and she recommended that I not sing Porgi. I
was going to work on Ruhe Sanft from Zaide this last summer in German, but after
reading and singing through the music I realize I must put it away for a while,
it's too advanced for me right now. I don't mind putting an aria aside for a
year.

>>SCARLATTI: Le Violette

This is a very good recommendation, I think I will learn this aria.

voice type. He selects the best possible vowels for each pitch or
line emphasis which helps the singer produce the "freer usage of
(the) voice" that you mention. One has only to transpose a Mozart
soprano aria up or down to discover that his choice of vowels are
best for the original pitches selected.<<<< Lloyd

<is one I fully concur with also. Mozart wrote with an inate sense of
how to write for the human voice, moreso I think, than any other
composer I have ever come across.>Michelle

I totally agree too. This is why I have been searching for a Mozart aria. LOL.

Most Sincerely,
Julie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20017 Re: Mozart: CherubinoEdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Sun  9/8/2002
20053 Non-travesti Mozart soprano arias (was: Mozart - Cherubino)Karen Mercedes   Mon  9/9/2002
20080 Re: Non-travesti Mozart soprano arias (was: Mozart - Cherubino)mrandrew18 mrandrew18 Wed  9/11/2002

emusic.com