Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Thu Sep 5, 2002  3:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] recital songs...any ideas?

Hello Jodie,
Selections of songs can also depend on the type of audience you are perfroming
for.
I recently did two recitals. The first was entitled "Music of the Night", and I
started with that song from Phantom of the Opera.
The second recital was done for a British audience and so I performed songs by
British composers. This was a 'light' recital and I did lots of songs from the
British Isles. There was a mixtute from Wales, Scotland. Ireland etc.
Selecting a theme is an excellent idea.Jodie Bean wrote:

Hello everyone!
I am thinking about giving a recital next summer in my hometown so that my
friends and family who cannot make the drive to the university can still hear me
perform. I was wondering what ideas anyone had about possible recita. Choosing a
theme is a good idea.

The second recital wsa for a British audience and so I did mainlyl songs? I am a
mezzo-soprano / contralto, and an alto in musical theater. I am open to ANY AND
ALL kinds of songs: jazz, arias, duets, group numbers, musical theater, art
songs, etc. etc. Please give me your suggestions they will be very much
appreciated :)
Thanks again :)

emusic.com