Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Tue Sep 3, 2002  2:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Crisis: Cortisone

-----Original Message-----
Message: 1
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:37:24 +0200
From: David Geary <dgeary@s...>
Subject: Re: Vocal crisis.
>By the way, can anyone tell me what cortisone is

Yes, it's a sort of Stearoid in creme form. It can dissolve things and it
is good if used for certain things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May I suggest that when answering a question regarding a topic we're not all
that familiar with we should do a little research before answering.

http://www.sw.org/hil/topics/medi4744.htm

CORTISONE

The medicines known as corticosteroids (also called steroids or cortisone)
are like the body's natural hormone cortisol. Cortisol helps to control the
immune system, body metabolism, and our response to stress. When taken as
medications, the corticosteroids have two main effects. They reduce
inflammation and suppress the immune system. The type of preparation ordered
depends on the condition being treated.

Corticosteroids can be taken orally, injected, put on the skin, inhaled, or
taken rectally. Other than mild forms used as skin creams, such as Cortaid,
corticosteroids require a prescription. The most common oral form is
prednisone.

click on the link above for the rest of the article.

Cindy Donnell

emusic.com