Vocalist.org archive

From:  "drama_diva_au" <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Tue Sep 3, 2002  1:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Singing and teaching was: Vocal crisis

Imho, what Caio has to say in message 19968 is all sound advice too.
Speaking in higher pitch than normal I find to be restful also, even
though I feel totally daft doing it. In fact my Conservatorium
teacher was forever bullying me to make it a habit as it
was "essential for all sopranos" to do this. Not so sure about that,
but she could be right. (Mind you if I had followed her advice to the
letter she wouldn't've been happy until I had sounded like minnie
mouse! rofl)

Seth Riggs advice surprised me a little as this is the way I and
everyone around me has worked for as long as I can remember that I
guess I had forgotten that of course some people need that type of
information to be in the book so they'll know. Just goes to show how
you should never take ANYTHING for granted eh?

Michelle

emusic.com