Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Sep 3, 2002  12:43 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Vocal crisis

Michelle wrote:

>The down side of The Alexnader Technique (and anything like it) is it
>can take as much money as your singing teacher to do this if you take
>the recommended one session a week with a trained practitioner to
>correct your personal mistakes.

But it is possible to take group classes that don't cost nearly as
much as private lessons. I don't know to what extent Alexander
teachers teach group classes. A few such teachers have told me that
they like to keep their classes small so that they can give each
student some attention. In one Alexander class I took I spent most of
the class watching the teacher work with the other students. In
contrast, in a group class taught by a Feldenkrais teacher, everyone
can participate throughout the entire lesson.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink (John Link Vocal Quintet)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19972 Re: Vocal crisisdrama_diva_au drama_diva_au Tue  9/3/2002
19975 Re: Vocal crisisJohn Link johnlink010254 Tue  9/3/2002

emusic.com