Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Sun Sep 1, 2002  11:10 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Singing and teaching was: Vocal crisis

Hi Lisa and everyone with voice issue advice,
I really liked your ideas for the classroom music teacher. My dilemma
is that I teach approximately 50 individual voice lessons a week and I'm
trying different techniques to "save" my voice. I've been constantly
hoarse for years but recently I had some speaking lessons with a teacher
to work on taking out glottal strokes on words that begin with vowels
and being more aware of how I'm supporting my speaking voice with the
same energy as for singing. I met Randy B. be of our Vocalist in Chicago
and he gave me some pointers too. I was also directing a church choir
and doing Sunday morning music leading, but I've let go of that job, so
I'm hoping that will give me a little more vocal rest in prep for the
week of teaching all the voice lessons.
If you, or anyone has a specific list of "what to do's" for the private
voice teacher I would love to see it!
Deanna in Edgewood (mooo the black angus across the street like to
vocalize too)

---

emusic.com