Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Sat Aug 31, 2002  5:49 am
Subject:  Vocal crisis.

I recently lost my voice (about 2 months ago) after starting work full-time
as a music teacher. The voice was still useable as a school teacher, but as
I am currently preparing as Tamino for a student production of the Magic
flute, has been useless at an operatic level. It has been recovering very
slowly, but teaching has made it impossible for me to have substantial time
off from using my voice (I am using an amplified microphone head-set to
teach). I am currently having two days of silence in the hope that this
will help. The opera is only 1 month away, and I am getting increasingly
anxious. I will have two weeks off soon before the opera performance. Does
it seem logical that my voice should recover fully in that amount of time?

By the way, can anyone tell me what cortisone is? Richard Miller's
'Structure of Singing' mentions it a few times in relation to voice
tiredness.

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19936 Re: Vocal crisis.John Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Sat  8/31/2002
19942 Re: Vocal crisis.bjjocelyn   Sun  9/1/2002
19937 Re: Vocal crisis.Greypins@a... greypins Sun  9/1/2002
19938 Re: Vocal crisis.David Geary dgeary.geo Sun  9/1/2002
19939 Re: Vocal crisis.Greypins@a... greypins Sun  9/1/2002
19949 Re: Vocal crisis.David Geary dgeary.geo Mon  9/2/2002

emusic.com