Vocalist.org archive

From:  "cybergirljm2001" <palace@g...>
Date:  Sat Aug 31, 2002  6:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Fall Semester Begins

Dear Cindy,

I do appreciate your advice. Donna Anna may be too difficult. I
agree with you that it is what I make the aria, to be unique and
beautiful. I just simply do not have the vast knowledge of
repetoire to select something. I am in a stage of technical singing
and I know I couldn't sing a challenging piece like "Quando Men'Vo"
because I require much more control in my breathing and a softer
top. Although I consider myself to be in a first semester, to be
clearer, I have studied voice for five years, although I am not in a
degree progam. I am fairly new at Opera though, having the
equivilent of about a year and 1/2, and I am quite profficient at
singing Italian.
I have been working on O Mio Babbino Caro and Lascia Ch'io Pianga
and music from the 26 Italian Arias.

Faithfully Yours,
Julie

> Dear Julie,
> Your teacher probably has many pieces in mind for you. He or she
may not
> even want you to do an operatic aria first semester. Why don't
you ask your
> teacher if you may do an aria and which ones you may choose from.
> Cindy Donnell
> singer and voice teacher

emusic.com