Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Thu Aug 8, 2002  7:16 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] music therapy question

I realize this has been answered by others and may not be pertinent at
this time, but I have interacted with music therapists during my career
and my understanding is their main focus of training is in psychology.
They need musical skill, but may be able to find a position where use of
clients' own musical skills is more important than the therapist. If
your friend is potentially interested, a visit to a school or an online
review of requirements is appropriate.

John

John Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19827 Re: music therapy questionthomas mark montgomery   Fri  8/9/2002

emusic.com