Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Wed Jul 31, 2002  8:16 am
Subject:  Re: New sacred solos for mezzos

Since Karen is the Goddess of repertoire, she'll have much better
suggestions than me but I just love contemporary music.

Benjamin Britten: A Ceremony of Carols - I can't remember what the
solos are in there because the last time I sang in a performance of
it was 10 years ago!!

Michael Tippet: A Child of our time - I love "steal away"!! Again,
not sure if you'd find any good solos in there but it's such a
beautiful piece.

My absolute favorite of all time is Elgar's Dream of Gerontius. When
the Mezzo sings the "allelujah(sp?)" I just get shivers up my spine,
it's got to be one of the best alleluja's in any music I've ever
heard!!!

These suggestions are probably useless but they're worth listening to
even if they're not being sung.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19769 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosnorma bowen   Wed  7/31/2002
19775 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosKaren Mercedes   Wed  7/31/2002
19774 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosKaren Mercedes   Wed  7/31/2002
19779 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosLee Morgan   Wed  7/31/2002

emusic.com