Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Mon Jul 22, 2002  10:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: chest and head voice

This article is interesting.
I have a student who I just cannot get to stop pushing
the chest register into the middle. As a result she
finds it a problem to get a D in the 5th octave. Of
course when I do technique with here she sings as high
as a top g.
At present she is singing a song by Barbara Str. and
she is having great difficulty getting the D.
More and more students of this type are having lessons
but they would only do the technique when they attend
their lesson.
Norma