Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 22, 2002  2:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Continuing Vocal Education.

reg wrote:

"Mike, there comes a time when observation and experience
lead to better than "temporary conclusions" otherwise we'd
still be scratching around in caves."

i prefer to consider it 'temporary' as i might find something better,
as i continue to learn. it is this notion of not being satisfied with what
seems optimum, that has led us out of the caves (i will pray for lightning to
strike a pile of wood in your area).

reg wrote:

"I have no desire to
confuse you (though you seem to have made a reasonable
attempt yourself with all that above,)..."

truthfully, i find your writing style a bit thick to wade through.
(of course, that could just be my shortcoming.)

reg continued:

"...but it is a fact that there
is an optimum method of applying certain principles in order
to achieve peak performance in what-ever the technology."

if one wishes to put out a fire, a fire hose is an excellent
application of water. if one wishes only to get a drink of water, a fire
hose is not so excellent an application. to judge the efficiency of a
method, one has to first assess the task to be performed. in this regard,
when dealing with an artform, personal taste (and that can include a
collective of personal taste) is the ultimate consideration.

mike

emusic.com