Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Jul 22, 2002  12:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Continuing Vocal Education.

Mike
>temporary conclusion...
>operates under certain physical principles....
>principles exist independently from how they are applied....
>the 'classical technique' (as if there were just one) ......

Mike, there comes a time when observation and experience
lead to better than "temporary conclusions" otherwise we'd
still be scratching around in caves. I have no desire to
confuse you (though you seem to have made a reasonable
attempt yourself with all that above,) but it is a fact that there
is an optimum method of applying certain principles in order
to achieve peak performance in what-ever the technology.

No doubt you will now resort to indefinable personal taste
but regardless of this the normal application of proven
theory will continue to produce results despite the
fact that you seem to regard it all as mere temporary
conclusion applied in some haphazard manner. That's ok.

By the way, "classical technique" was not my term, though
unlike many other terms in singing, it serves reasonably to
define the difference in approach from that of others.

emusic.com