Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Fri Jul 19, 2002  9:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

Bob wrote:

>I use piano accompaniments on CD for songs since I don't play
>the piano well enough to accompany myself. What I started to do is
>to press pause after a musical line to give time to allow the
>breath.

I would suggest that you also do the practice without the CD so that
you can be free to sing without the tyranny of the accompaniment.

Also remember to do the practice with less than a phrase, all the way
down to a single note. That way you will discover the ease of singing
without having to make so many explicit decisions. Your awareness,
rather than someone else's ideas about what is correct, can become
your guide to what is the most efficient way to sing.

Good luck,
John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs: