Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Fri Jul 19, 2002  2:35 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Use of Chest Voice (WAS re: classical training)

Dear Lloyd:
Many thanks for such an informative and well-phrased post regarding
the physical happenings during low and high registers. I have read many
learned tomes describing this function, but don't think I've heard it
put as clearly and succinctly as you have here (then again, I constantly
struggle to fit scientific information of any kind onto existing
cognitive structures in my memory - so perhaps I have heard it stated
well, but just don't remember!). May I include your description in the
materials I give to the students in my beginning singing class?

Thanks,
Sharon Szymanski

emusic.com