Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Denis J. Lanza" <voxman@s...>
Date:  Thu Jul 18, 2002  4:27 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: Classical/non-classical singing

If you want to hear someone with excellent classical technique that sings
in a more rock/theatre-oriented style, look no further than Mr. Steve
Balsamo. This guy is an animal! His technique is beyond reproach. He starred
as Jesus Christ in the 1996 London Cast of "Jesus Christ Superstar". There
is a CD you can purchase with him on it and, let me tell you, it is worth
every cent! He also has a solo CD out that I HAVE to get. His website is
http://www.stevebalsamo.com and if you can download an MP3 of him signing "I
Only Want to Say(Gethsemane)" from J.C.S, do it. He sustains a High G above
Tenor C for 24 measures I believe. Absolutely frightening!

Yours In Music,
Denis J. Lanza
Vocalist