Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon May 29, 2000  9:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: ANN: Got some work!

Congratulations, Christine. NOW I understand your little by-line. I would
like to make a little Egyptian joke but unfortunately, Amenhotep to it. john
At 10:35 AM 5/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I've just been engaged to sing the mezzo solo in Copland's "In the
Beginning"
>with Festival Choir of Madison (WI) in October. Another exciting thing is
>that the performance will be broadcast on Wisconsin Public Radio's "Live
from
>the Elvejium (sp?)" series, which is a big art museum in Madison....>Other
things: I'm doing a couple of pieces from Sondheim's A LITTLE NIGHT
>MUSIC on a lakeside pops concert with the Racine Symphony in August and
>before that (sorry if I've said it before), I'm doing Daughter #4 in Philip
>Glass' AKHNATEN with Chicago Opera Theater.
>

>Christine Thomas
>Mezzo-Soprano
>Wauwatosa, WI
>
>"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

emusic.com