Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Jul 5, 2002  1:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Weight loss and the voice . . .

Lana.... I've lost about 45 pounds in the last 18 months
which is not quite up to your goal but I found during
the early stages that I had to rethink my technique.

Strangely, apart from the general all round loss, I failed to
notice that it was in my neck measurement that altered
most dramatically. I use some of Millers little neck
exercises and these began having a more noticeable
effect. The left and right stretches.
( I'll be getting into trouble. Maybe they're NOT Miller's)
But they weren't in his books. :)

The gain in energy levels is the most important thing to
me but you have to be sure and still get enough calories
to avoid having the body go into conservation mode.

Oh...and then there's the apparent AGING aspect,
the skin sag. :(
Still with a 20% weight loss I'm singing better than ever
at the moment and that's what matters to me.

emusic.com