Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amy Hespenheide <nevadamezzo@y...>
Date:  Mon May 29, 2000  3:44 am
Subject:  San Francisco Symphony Chorus

Hello List!
I have been off Vocalist for some time, teaching myself patent law for
one particular case at work (I'm clerking for the federal district
court). It's been great to get back and read everything I missed for
the month of May (especially the posts from the Queen Elisabeth
competition -- thank you so much, Annalies!).

I just wanted to share something I'm very happy about -- last Saturday
(May 20th) I auditioned for the SFS Chorus, and was accepted. So I'm
thrilled! Wanting to be good enough (some day) to try for that group
was one of the reasons I began voice lessons last year, so I'm quite
amazed that that day has already arrived. (Now I just have to nail
down the new job in the city and find an apartment -- and new voice
teacher. . . .)

I'm so glad this list exists -- it's added a great deal to my singing--
and listening--life.

All the best,
Amy

Amy Hespenheide