Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@l...>
Date:  Wed Jul 3, 2002  12:59 am
Subject:  performance rights?

Hi there,
It's been suggested that I need to get performance rights to perform an
opera we're planning on doing in October. I've checked out both the BMI
and ASCAP websites, and I may just not know where I'm supposed to be
looking, but it looks to me like these are primarily dealing with works
by living composers, and primarily American composers. So our work
wouldn't fall in there. It's "Der Vampyr" by Heinrich Marschner, and is
the epitome of a German Romantic opera.

Can any listers here give me some insight as to what I'm supposed to be
doing for performance rights?

Thanks in advance.

Laura Ruiz
Founder / Artistic Director
Lyric Opera of Los Angeles
www.LyricOperaLA.org
323.264.4298

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19549 Re: performance rights?snide76258   Wed  7/3/2002
19550 Re: performance rights?snide76258   Wed  7/3/2002

emusic.com