Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Sun Jun 23, 2002  6:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Classical/non-classical singing

Yes, in my humble opinion, to what Dr. Hanson has said--and thank you, Dr. H,
for
saying it sooooooo well.
--Erica
from Dr. H's recent post:..."classical technique is no longer
necessary for these singers [singing with amplification]. Training in vocal
technique, while beneficial, is not required. With amplification it is now
possible
to simulate even the classical model...However, with amplification the outside
help can provide what the singer lacks and the singer is, consequently, less
likely to consider or even bother seeking a solution that is based on a more
healthful
and, in my opinion, honest expression of artist goals. Amplification
and electronic manipulation of the voice is a great potential gift to
the artistic expression capabilities of the human voice but it cannot
replace nor correct a poor or faulty vocal production technique..."

emusic.com