Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Jun 23, 2002  6:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Classical/non-classical singing

In a message dated 6/23/2002 11:57:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> However, with amplification the outside help can provide what the
> singer lacks and the singer is, consequently, less likely to consider
> or even bother seeking a solution that is based on a more healthful
> and, in my opinion, honest expression of artist goals. Amplification
> and electronic manipulation of the voice is a great potential gift to
> the artistic expression capabilities of the human voice but it cannot
> replace nor correct a poor or faulty vocal production technique.

The implication that the classical method of voice production is the
healthiest is just not true ... the data does not support it. Vocal problems
are fairly well distributed amongst genres with the leader (although not by
much) being amateur classical singers.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19479 Re: Classical/non-classical singingLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/23/2002
19578 Meeting Vocalisters in the Cleveland/Oberlin/OhioEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Fri  7/5/2002

emusic.com