Vocalist.org archive

From:  Oberon603@a...
Date:  Sun May 28, 2000  6:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: American School of Countertenors

In a message dated 5/27/00 11:52:23 PM Central Daylight Time, toda@m...
writes:

<< > I don't particularly care for David Daniels. I think that there are
> too many real women that sound better.

I suppose most women sound more like women than Daniels does. And I
suppose if that was his goal, he has failed. I don't believe that this
is his goal. He is trying to approximate for us the experience of seeing
a castrato - a man who sounds, looks, and acts like a man but sings very
high with ferocious coloratura. In this respect, he succeeds with flying
colors. >>

Here Here!!! Well said Tako

Kenneth Ealy
Primo Uomo

"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up, and ends long after it has
come
down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my
life long after I've left the opera house." Maria Callas

emusic.com