Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Fri Jun 14, 2002  12:00 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Law Degree??

My Mother is trying to convince me to go to Law School after I graduate or
go to graduate school. She thinks that it would help me while I"m trying to
make a career in music. She wants me to work on cases while I am trying to
make a career and not be the "starving artist". I'm just curious as to
what any of you think of this. I dont see how I would really work out...

*****
Just having had a day job and trying to make a career was hard enough. And
that was a day job with no homework. No way. Impossible.

My parents told me there was no money for my undergrad degree and that I
should just get a job at the plant where my dad worked. So I worked my butt
off for 4 years doing part-time jobs and multiple jobs in the summer - and
right before I graduated, my mom told me that if I wanted money for further
education, they'd pay for it. With visions of graduate school dancing in my
head, I said, "Gee, thanks, mom!" To which she said, "So would you like to
go to Manpower Business Training Institute or Milwaukee Area Technical
College?"

<banging my head against the desk, moaning softly>

Those of you with supportive nurturing parents, G*d bless you.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19405 Re: Law Degree??Margaret L. Harrison   Fri  6/14/2002
19406 Re: Law Degree??sopran@a...   Fri  6/14/2002
19407 Re: Law Degree??sopran@a...   Fri  6/14/2002
19409 Re: Law Degree??Lee Morgan   Fri  6/14/2002
19422 Re: Law Degree??Axwell@a...   Tue  6/18/2002

emusic.com