Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...>
Date:  Thu Jun 13, 2002  5:24 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Grades for Graduate School??

How important are grades when applying to Graduate School, I know some of the
schools I am looking at don't ask for transcripts, (!) and then of course some
do. One of my teachers, (who went to the Manhattan School of Music for
undergrad and Masters) tells me that grades aren't important and it is the
course load. The thing is I do very well in all my music classes, but I find it
hard to concentrate on both the demanding music program and the demanding core
courses I need to take to graduate. So I usually let my core courses suffer and
exel in the music...

SO, do most graduate music schools weigh what I got in Biology 101 as equally as
what I got in Theory or Music History?

Does it make a difference if I apply to conservatories or music schools within a
university? (for that whey look at)

19412 Re: Grades for Graduate School??snide76258   Sat  6/15/2002

emusic.com