Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Thu Jun 13, 2002  10:49 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Russian art songs

I have quite a few Russian scores I have collected over the years from
many publishers. What are you looking for in particular? Are you
familiar with both pre-1917 and post-1917 Cyrillic? For example, the
Boosey and Hawkes complete Rachmaninoff is pre-1917 Cyrillic.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, blue444xx wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find Russian art songs written in
> cyrillic? I can only find them written with English phoenetic
> spellings so far, and they would be much easier for me to read if they
> were written in Russian.
>
> I'm a coloratura soprano, so I'm looking for Russian art songs for
> high voice, or even folk songs that would be appropriate for
> performance in a university studio. If anyone knows who sells things
> like this, or if anyone has anything they could share, please let me
> know. I would really appreciate it!

emusic.com