Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Sun May 28, 2000  1:42 am
Subject:  bring on the stridency! (was: CHRISTINE)

> And I'm not a
> strident singer - my most recent review said that I
> had a soft-edged voice
> (sorry, Isabelle)

Heh, heh... I'll fly the flag of brilliance high, even
though I'll admit that the soft-grained voices are
lovely to listen to. I just prefer a "bite" to
operatic voices (while I'm quite willing to listen to
a Swenson or an early music singer as background or
soothe music, and find that soft voices are wonderful
in art song, like Barbara Bonney).

I'm listening to Hildegard Behrens right now. Can
someone who does not like her voice or production tell
me why they don't? I don't want to respond or counter
your opinions, I'm just wondering if there's some flaw
I'm not hearing, since I know that she is a
controversial singer.

Same goes for my other pet strident singers --
Nilsson, Tetrazzini, Erna Berger... there are others,
but those are the ones I've been enjoying this week.
Am I missing something?

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...

1954 Re: bring on the stridency! (was: CHRISTINE) Amy Hespenheide   Mon  5/29/2000   2 KB
1960 Re: bring on the stridency! (was: CHRISTINE) Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  5/29/2000   3 KB
1964 Re: bring on the stridency! (was: CHRISTINE) D. M. Moore   Mon  5/29/2000   2 KB

emusic.com