Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun May 28, 2000  12:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: CHRISTINE

In a message dated 05/27/2000 4:47:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
Connie1195@a... writes:

<< Again I congratulate you, Christine.. imagine if you had taken that
manager's
words seriously.. you might never have found these wonderful possibilities
for yourself... >>

Well, that seminar was only a month ago, so by that point, I already knew
that anything I was going to accomplish I was going to accomplish w/o moving
to NYC. We just bought a house that I love and it's not going to happen.

My big thing that I really need to focus on is making a good recording to
submit to people. The conductor who hired me on the basis of my audition
yesterday said that my tape came across as "strident." And I'm not a
strident singer - my most recent review said that I had a soft-edged voice
(sorry, Isabelle!) that was capable of power and filling a room.... but my
tape is clearly crappy. So I need to invest in a good tape...

Thanks again.... off to do the Mozart Requiem on a suspension bridge 10'
above the stage (and me with my acrophobia!!) with the Milwaukee Ballet (not
as a soloist, just a section leader) ...

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com