Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  5:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] documentary or movie about singers?

Lee! Reta Shaw was one of the best things about the Andy Griffith Show.
The show was absolutely awash with great character actresses and actors.
Thanks for reminding me of her today.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Lee Morgan wrote:

> As a native North Carolinian, I am required (I think by law) to love the
> Andy Griffith show, and I really do. It saved me from much homesickness
> when I was off in the wilds of Texas in grad school. In both the episodes
> referred to below, the marvelous character actress Reta Shaw played Barney's
> voice teacher, Eleanora Poultice. I think she's my favorite character in
> the whole series, and I giggle madly every time I see her. Eleanora guiding
> Barney through "me-may-my-mo-mu" is right up there with the speech teacher
> scene in Singing in the Rain. :-)

emusic.com