Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  4:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] documentary or movie about singers?

As a native North Carolinian, I am required (I think by law) to love the
Andy Griffith show, and I really do. It saved me from much homesickness
when I was off in the wilds of Texas in grad school. In both the episodes
referred to below, the marvelous character actress Reta Shaw played Barney's
voice teacher, Eleanora Poultice. I think she's my favorite character in
the whole series, and I giggle madly every time I see her. Eleanora guiding
Barney through "me-may-my-mo-mu" is right up there with the speech teacher
scene in Singing in the Rain. :-)

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano