Vocalist.org archive

From:  Connie1195@a...
Date:  Sat May 27, 2000  10:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: CHRISTINE

GRRRRR.. what's a "real career anyway?" in whose estimation. I encourage
artists to learn about the business.. get their materials looking great.. get
a great photo, get their arias in spiffy shape.. and look for work with small
companies, orchestras, choral groups and recital organizations.. libraries,
museums, presenter. .etc., sing competitions and get recitals or money for
study.. and then mangement sits up and notices..

Of course management is necessary at a certain point.. perhaps Chicago
Concert ARtists... jean Seidl used to be in chicago.. she might have an
agency in New York now.
Keep me posted on your work this summer.

Again I congratulate you, Christine.. imagine if you had taken that manager's
words seriously.. you might never have found these wonderful possibilities
for yourself...

connie

emusic.com